Tuesday, October 21, 2008

SURPRISE!!!!

This posting is long over due. We were invited to Kathy's 60th surprise birthday party and let me tell you she had absolutely no idea that about 60 people were there to celebrate her birthday with her. It was such a fun night and I just wanted to tell Kathy and her family how much I love them and are so grateful that I can consider them family. My dad and Kathy use to date so the first time I met Kathy I was in 11th grade. Kathy and her family took my dad my brother, Nolan, and myself in as if we were all family. Some of my greatest memories were at the Morris' home playing cards until 2 am, laughing, my dad telling jokes and all of us just basically having a blast! I want Kathy to know how much I love her. Her strength to endure trials and her dedication to the gospel are what I strive for in my own life. I will forever be grateful for the wonderful example she was to my dad in expressing the importance of going through the temple. And because of her example I will always have the memory of my dad sitting in the sealing room on my wedding day and knowing how proud he was of me and more importantly how proud I was of him. She is such a remarkable women and is full of a wonderful spirit and I hope to be like her. I love you and I am glad we were able to share that special day with you.







2 comments:

Kelli Proctor said...

she sounds like one cool lady! Its such a blessing when people like that are in your life!

The Vance Family said...

Oh Laila, you are gonna make me cry! You know how much we love you, your cute family, Nolan, and always your Dad... your like family to us, your the Best!